Buckwheat Pancakes

27 Feb

I can’t stop thinking about these.

Buckwheat Pancakes

As a natural part of nutrition school, I’ve decided to TRY going gluten-free for the most part. I made these babies in ~10 minutes a little while ago, which even included making by own buckwheat flour in the Blendtec! Buckwheat has a distinct flavour — kind of like chocolate and nuts mixed together. If you’re not a huge fan, try cutting it in half with rice flour.

Buckwheat Pancakes (modified from here.)

1 cup buckwheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 egg
1 cup water, almond milk, coconut milk or your preference
2 tbsps coconut oil or melted butter
1 tsp vanilla

Add all liquid ingredients  into a liquid measuring cup (makes for easy pouring). In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients and give a quick stir with a fork. Add into the measuring cup and stir to combine. Cook on a oiled skillet or pancake griddle.

Top with coconut, nuts, seeds or anything you like!

About these ads

6 Responses to “Buckwheat Pancakes”

1. Amanda February 27, 2013 at 10:47 AM #

Ooh these sound delicious. I have been thinking about pancakes since last night!

• jacinthe February 28, 2013 at 8:41 AM #

They have a way of sticking in the mind, I find! Thanks for the comment. :)

2. Vinny Grette February 27, 2013 at 1:14 PM #

I posted about buckwheat this week, too. It’s a family favorite here :). Must try your pancakes!

• jacinthe February 28, 2013 at 8:40 AM #

I’ll check out your recipes!

3. themuffinmyth February 28, 2013 at 12:13 AM #

Yummm. I love buckwheat things. I don’t make pancakes all that often because my husband doesn’t like them (weird, right?) but on occasion I’ll make a small batch or make a big batch and freeze the leftovers to pop in the toaster on busy mornings. I’ll give these buckwheaty ones a try!

• jacinthe February 28, 2013 at 8:40 AM #

Who doesn’t like pancakes?!? Oh well…more for you! :)

I make a 1/2 batch in the measuring cup then store the batter in the fridge to make fresh pancakes a few days in a row. Seems to work well!