Just an update that the date for the Calgary cooking workshops has changed. It will now take place on April 21 & 22, 2012.
Also, the other two workshops will be postponed. Stay tuned for new dates!
I’m super stoked to help organize three upcoming Ayurvedic workshops in Calgary facilitated by Anna Colin, from Gaiatri Yoga in Nelson, BC.
After just scratching the surface of Ayurveda during my yoga teacher training (read: opening Pandora’s box!), I approached Anna to see if there were any workshops/schools/trainings she could recommend in Calgary or close-by. The results of that conversation are three workshops. Here’re the details for the first one.
This class is designed to introduce you to the main principles of Ayurvedic cooking and how they can be adapted to any recipe. Enjoy delicious meals, demonstrations and hands on experience.
In this course you will:
- identify your unique constitution and how to tailor a healthy balanced lifestyle for you
- understand the importance and science of the Six Tastes
- explore the healing benefits of food and spices
- learn time-tested recipes to keep the whole family healthy including cough syrups & herbal teas
- explore seasonal and daily routines and learn why they matter so much
- go home with tons of information you can integrate into your everyday life right away
- get inspired to cook and live differently
$225 (includes gst and meals during the course)
I. Can’t. Wait!